Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 324 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author/publisher,
Dane F. Baylis

A LITTLE GEOGRAPHIC CHAUVINISM ON MY PART

(I DON'T CARE HOW LONG I'VE LIVED ON THE WEST COAST!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Right away, my apologies to all my Southern, Northern, and Central California friends. I know you have a deep passion about this part of the world, and so do I, to a certain extent. But, although it is the "Entertainment Capital of the World", as we hear over and over, New York is still the cultural hub of the nation.
 
One of the reasons for this distinction is because of places like the 92nd Street YMCA. I can hear the groans now. You're thinking, "Young MEN's CHRISTIAN Association?" Or, worse yet, "Like in the Village people song?" (You have my apologies if you don't recall that aberration of the 1970's. I wish I couldn't!)
 
Seriously, this institution of the New York intellectual and literary scene is incredible. They have hosted talks for decades by the likes of Lee Strasberg, Gene Wilder and Lou Reed. They have an incredibly broad, acclaimed program of art, entertainment, enrichment, and education classes and programs. As a matter of fact, they have so much, it would take hours just to list. Instead, why not just follow the link above to an amazing and inspiring community experience, albeit someone else's community.
 
Also, while you're at it, why not check out Open Culture for listings of some of the most extensive and diverse free Internet content I've found yet. This is a great resource and a hell of a place to waste time, so be forewarned. I am a devout fan of film noir and I have been able to stream titles there that you can't find in other places. There's so much that, again, I'm only going say, follow the provided link. Go on, have a little fun, and don't hold me responsible if it takes a while to get back to work.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write, and explore!
 
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the
page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
Tomorrow,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author/Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment