Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 311 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author/publisher,
Dane F. Baylis

OH GOD! I'M STILL ABOVE GROUND.

OR

THERE'S LIVING AND SURVIVING AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I've made it through the day and no one's throwing dirt on my face so I guess that means I'll live. I'm still not feeling very well but that hasn't stopped me before. Of course, that's not taking into account that my periods of physical, moral, and emotional wreckage in the past were quite often due to overindulgence. Unlike the flu, at least I had a good time getting to my misery back then. (Someone cue the violins.)
 
Well, now that I've crawled out of my cave, things are moving along pretty fast. I have a featured reading coming up the first week of December, and a release party for a poetry journal I have a piece in later that same week. There's a split-bill featured reading for myself and F. Albert Salinas on a date to be determined in Santa Barbara in February, and the return of the Erotic Poetry reading in Ventura on March 9th.
 
Another project I have been advised by the Editor-in-Wife as a potential "real good thing" is the production of an anthology with a tie in to the local County arts council and possible inclusion in the California Poets In The Classroom curriculum. Who would have thought that somebody as rough around the edges as I can be would be traipsing down that road? You never know where the journey might take you!
 
If you're reading this and thinking, "Hell, I'm too old for that", or "No one would listen to someone as young as me", you're wrong. You don't know what can happen until it does but, if you talk yourself out of it before you try, you can be sure nothing  ever will. So, get off your dead ass and get moving. The road's yours if you take the first step.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write.
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the
page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
Tomorrow,
Dane F. Baylis
Author/Publisher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment