Thursday, January 10, 2013

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Author/Book/Reader Conventions

Day 4 of 365 Days of Blogging

Never been so I don't really know. What I have heard is this is where you have to go to capture the attention of the high octane crowd. The agents and editors connected to the big name publishers. Of course I've also heard the horror stories of the terminally desperate cornering someone in the toilet to pitch their latest brainstorm!

I've worked on selection committees and editorial staffs for a few small anthologies and journals and I realize how unapproachable someone on staff might seem. I also appreciate how it feels to be one among thousands vying for a few moments time. So, that said, I am planning on attending a couple of events in the near future (ones that offer an interesting selection of seminars or panels). I guess it's as much a matter of testing the water in the pool, until you get in you don't know, and networking is networking. You can't predict the outcome any more than you can the lottery.


As always, live, love, write,

Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment