Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 15 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Share Your First Book Ever Published

 
Well, this will be fairly short and sweet. I am still working on that first book ever published. I have published short fiction, more poetry than I actually remember, photography and graphic arts. I've sat on selection committees and editorial staff for journals and small presses.
 
My first great work that never was, was a screenplay written in collaboration with my best friend when I was twelve years old. It was to be our sci/fi epic until we discovered that writing them was a hell of a lot cheaper than producing them. Later I would be introduced to the other reality of Hollywood, never let anyone read your screenplay until you've registered it with the Screen Writer's Guild. Some things I only learn the hard way, but I have never suffered from the delusion that life, or the movie industry, was fair.
 
Presently I am at work on a serious novel and have actually made enough progress that I have begun to look into actually trying to get it published. Time and experience have been great educators and the best part of that education has been learning to take advice. In that vein, I am seeking out editors, publishers, marketers and other writers for their experience and know-how. Do I expect to be a Michener, Clancy, or King? Well let's just say I aim for the stars and try to keep my feet on the ground.
 
I welcome all comments, critique, and questions. Sign up to follow with a gadget on the right margin or you can subscribe by email or rss, also found on the right margin.
 
Actively seeking your short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines or carefully thought out essays for possible publication on this site. No, it doesn't pay, except in exposure. You retain all rights.
 
Remember...live, love, write.
 
 
Dane F. Baylis 

No comments:

Post a Comment