Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 7 of the 365 Days of Blogging Challenge

The author, Dane F. Baylis

What Type Of Books Do You Generally Read?

Well there's a hell of a question! I read a lot of different things. Buddhist doctrine and philosophy is a big one. Then there's histories of all types covering the gamut of periods and cultures. I love a well written thriller (Crichton, Grisham, Clancy). Biographies are high on my list, especially those about artists and writers. (O'Keefe, Picasso, Miller). Erotica of all intensities, although I have to say the whole Shades of Gray thing left me flat.
 
I really don't 'generally' read any one genre or subject more than another. It's all dependent on my interests and curiosity at the time. I got my first library card when I was seven and shortly after that my mother had to talk to the librarian so I could get out of the children's section (absolutely bored the ears off me!). and into adult reading. Haven't looked back since and I don't think anyone else should limit their reading either. Sure, if your aspiration is writing then you will probably settle on a style, voice, and genre. But outside of that you should have no limits. It is an enormous life and universe, embrace it in both arms!
 
 In the meantime, as always, I invite anyone who would like to leave me their comments critiques, or thoughts to feel free to do so. You'll find the appropriate box for that at the bottom of the page. On the right hand margin are several gadgets. One is so you can sign up to 'Follow' this blog, another allows you to sign up for rss feed or e-mail. There is one that lets you check out some of the stuff I check regularly. Feel free to take advantage of any of this.
 
Meanwhile, remember to live, love, and write.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in,
 
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment