Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 4 of the 365 Day Blogging Challenge

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Opening the Promised New Page

 

As I've been threatening for the last few days of posting, I've opened the new page for visitor contributions. It will stand as a complement to my own "My Work, My Love" page. With that in mind I have entitled it simply "Your Work, Your Love". Its entire purpose is to showcase the poetry and fiction of visitors to Dane Baylis Undeterred.

The guidelines are fairly straightforward, I'm accepting short/short fiction (1200-1500 words and poetry (any style out to 25 lines). I and a couple of trusted minions will review anything that is submitted. Based on quality and the subjective predilections of the reviewers, with myself as the final word and therefore sole responsible party, works will be posted. I encourage you to submit because, as I will testify, it is often the exposure in less than prominent venues that leads to wider name recognition.
 
I also would like to encourage you to check out Rebecca Blain's, Story Bible Series
for a really thorough and useful approach to building and keeping track of all the elements in your novels or short stories. Also, check out Rainy of the Dark's interview with author Lissa Bryan who has several romance works in different genres to her credit.
 
As always, live, love, write.
 
Dane F. Baylis
 



No comments:

Post a Comment