Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 17 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Tell You Something I Wish I'd Thought Of.

Well, I guess I could say I wish I'd thought of the Internet but Al Gore beat me to that claim, even if it was a slip of the tongue!
 
A lot of the things I wish I'd thought of are literary. I wish I had thought of The Friends of Eddie Coyle. The crime novel by George V. Higgins is set in many of the places I lived and worked and has some of the best dialogue and plot twists ever.
 
Ironweeds. by William Kennedy is such an emotion packed piece I couldn't put it down and was through it in a night.
 
Who wouldn't like to have created the worlds and the characters that populated them in Frank Herbert's Dune.
 
Then there are Bukowski's poems and Shakespeare's plays and a list that goes on forever. Tom Clancy's heroes and Eric Van Lustbader's detail drenched thrillers.
All of this when I am wishing I could think of the next paragraph, or sentence, or, sometimes, the right next word in my own work. I just feel lucky that I have the shoulders of such giants to stand on.
 
Still soliciting short fiction, poetry, and assays for the Your Work/Your Love page. If you want to post comments, critiques, or questions I am always open to them and try to respond in a timely fashion. Subscribers or followers are always welcome.
 
Remember...live, love, write.
 
 
Dane F. Baylis 

No comments:

Post a Comment