Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 11 of the 365 Days of Blogging Challenge

The author, Dane F. Baylis

My Favorite Music/Band

 

Thought this photo would better fit the days topic. That's me with Honey sitting on a picnic table in Montana d'Oro Park in San Luis Obispo County on the central California coast. What you don't see is the some half dozen people who were dancing away as I was improvising a little E Blues. It has always amazed me that so many people correlate the blues with low down feeling bad when it is one of the forms that almost instantly makes people want to clap their hands, dance, and whoop.
 
I have been lucky enough to see many of our American greats. John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Rait, Robert Cray Band and Joe Bonamassa to name a few. Then there were the British talents, John Mayall, Peter Green, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Adele . But what I really enjoy are those backwater festivals and out of the way joints where you can hear some of the best talent no one's ever heard of like Laurie Morvan or Michael John and the Bottom Line or The Bone Shakers Blues Band.

No matter where I go a pile of Cd's, an ipod loaded with scintillating minors and flatted sevenths and an eye out for one of those places or events keeps me steeped in the music, history and life of the blues.

I appreciate any comments, suggestions or critiques you might want to send. I welcome anyone who wants to sign on and 'Follow' (there's a gadget for that on the right margin) and also you can find links to an rss feed or e-mail receipt of this blog.

Until the next time...live, love, write.


Dane F. Baylis 

No comments:

Post a Comment