Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 82 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Talk About Group Blogs And How I Feel About Them.

If you point your cursor at the right side of this page and open 'Procrastination Lane' you'll find, among other sites, The Kill Zone.
This is a 'group blog that features several mystery and thriller writers on a rotational basis. There's always a wealth of information there and, because each author takes a turn, it's always fresh and varied.
I have another that I visit sometimes when I'm prowling for ideas (or procrastinating), Big Think. This one is more of a conglomerate of articles and columns with contributors from all over the spectrum. I find it appealing because it stirs my thinking in ways unexpected. It deals with science, the humanities, opinion...A whole gambit of fact, controversy and speculation.
I have never run, nor taken part in, a group blog but recently was approached to guest blog on a page with what I guess you'd say is a time sharing arrangement (I post on theirs, they get access to mine...Oooohhh...Lower...looowweerrr!). I've never done this either and was wondering if any of my viewwers have? If so, let me know what your experience was like and if you'd do it again. Were there any unforeseen pitfalls?
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
In the meantime...live, love, write.
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment