|The author, Dane F. Baylis|
Share My MUST Do List
This in no way constitues a fair question for an OCD writer who has been described as having a Triple 'A' personality!
4. Did I mention WRITE?
5. Remember, you're an "aspiring" writer.
6. Keep the day job.
7. Eat (Something other than black coffee, chocolate covered espresso beans and a handful of Oreo's).
8. Sleep (You cannot recall your own name never mind the name of the tenth minor character you scribbled obscure notes about on a pizza grease stained napkin in felt pen three months ago if you don't get some rest).
9. Look at the shelf above monitor level. See the pictures? Think hard. Those are members of your family. Come on, son, what are their names...?
10. Go outside for a walk.
11. If there is no outside then the Apocalypse has occured!
12. No outside? Stay inside and write a poem about it and call the Help Line. After the revision.
13. Still plenty of outside? Why are you screwing around? Get back to writing!
14. Yes, you've got a great idea...What about today's word count goal first...Nothing like ADD and coffee!
15. Inquiry letters to two publications...Nobody's perfect...Except you, we know.
16. Research more outlets. A story's only dead if it lays interred in the file drawer!
17. Have you looked at the next dozen poems in the journal lately? How do you read those? Come on, man, catch up with the typing.
18. If you insist on keeping on-going idea books on-going you need to stop and read them occasionally.
19. Let the answering machine take it!
20. Last, but never least...WRITE!
Accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays for the Your Work/Your Love page. Nope, still no pay, just glorious exposure! You can send your work to me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors retain all rights. You can also follow or subscribe to this blog. There are gadgets for that on the right side of this page. I love the company and it helps with the search engine ranking. Comments, critiques, and questions are always answered in as timely a manner as I can manage between my day job, writing, studies, blah, blah, blah. There's a form at the bottom of the page for your use.
In the meantime, remember...live, love, write.
Dane F. Baylis