Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 62 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Tell You How I've Done On My 2013 Marketing Goals

This may seem a little unusual for me but I'm going to take a pretty straight forward run at this particular topic. The reason I'm going at it this way is that I'm actually pretty jazzed at how things are going! Have I had some kind of monumental success? Nope, nothing on a best seller list. No five book deal with a motion picture option. Not even a positive maybe recently on my normal almost sure thing of short fiction. So what the hell have I got to be so damned chipper about?
 
Well, this blog for one thing. This was one of those must haves I kept hearing about. You know, a cornerstone of your platform as a complete writer and author. Only thing is, as I've stated before, I'm old, and tend to get a little overwhelmed by the learning curve involved with some of the technology. I hemmed and hawed and kept putting it off in spite of many reassurances that it was far simpler than even I might require. Well, as is more than aggravatingly evident, here I am. Not only have I found the experience unpainful but I have begun to make the acquaintances of some fairly astounding people from all corners of this world. People who are involved in exactly the same thing I am in their own, unique ways. To all these new found acquaintances and colleagues I say thank-you for your time and contributions, those who simply bookmarked this blog and spread the word to their friends and continue to do so, those who have actively taken a part (whether we agreed or not) and those who continue to contribute here, on Google +, Facebook and by e-mail.
 
Then there are the people locally and not so who I have reconnected or connected with. To find out that, after an extended sabbatical, my name and work was still remembered and that it was familiar to a number of people I had never met and who considered it influential in their own pursuits, (or were kind enough to lie to me oh so sweetly), was a real kick in the pants. From my long ago past I look forward to our very mutual futures.
 
So, how are my 2013 marketing goals progressing. I have work out in the world, more in the pipe, a growing Internet presence and audience, and joy in every aspect of what I'm doing. Have I attained my 'goals'. Yes. No. Maybe. That about covers the short form. The greatest thing is making this trip and the people who I meet along the way that are making part of it with me or allowing me to make part of theirs. Here's to today, I'll worry about the rest after a nap.
 
Accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays for the Your Work/Your Love page. Nope, still no pay, just glorious exposure! You can send your work to me via e-mail at dbaylis805@gmail.com. Authors retain all rights. You can also follow or subscribe to this blog. There are gadgets for that on the right side of this page. I love the company and it helps with the search engine ranking. Comments, critiques, and questions are always answered in as timely a manner as I can manage between my day job, writing, studies, blah, blah, blah. There's a form at the bottom of the page for your use.
In the meantime, remember...live, love, write.
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment