Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 55 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Do I Prefer Twitter Or Facebook?

Reality is, I don't know. First of all I don't have a Twitter feed yet (Horror of horrors! Did you hear what he said, Madge?). No,I haven't caught up with the twenty-first century and the truth is I have enough online distractions already.
 
Yes, however long ago, I did set up a Facebook account at the insistence of my daughter who touted it as a way for us to "Stay In Touch". Immediately after that we both realized we were too busy to really take advantage of it, and anyway, we both have phones and are still physically capable of dialing them. Conversation, what a concept! Also, and I know how "snarky" this is going to sound, there is an incredible amount of juvenile crap on that thing. That might have something to do with the incredible number of juveniles on it. Go figure. Sort of, "My Space v.2". (Really not THAT surprising though when you get to understand the boy billionaire behind it.)
 
I actually do spend a fair amount of time on Google+. There are a number of creative communities there dedicated strictly to writers and their craft. As I spend the bulk of my time conceptualizing, developing, writing, rewriting, submitting, resubmitting and wondering where my life has gone so terribly wrong, I don't have the time to devote to trying to dupe an unsuspecting public into accepting sub par drivel. Oops, did that come off a bit edgy?
 
No, really, I'm working as hard and fast as I can. If you've read enough of these posts you're all too familiar with my litany. Day job at forty hours plus, studies, home life, writing, researching markets, honing craft. I'll see you on Twitter or LinkedIn or Pinterest when I get there. Have a nice day!
 
 
Accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays for the Your Work/Your Love page. Nope, still no pay, just glorious exposure! You can send your work to me via e-mail at dbaylis805@gmail.com. Authors retain all rights. You can also follow or subscribe to this blog. There are gadgets for that on the right side of this page. I love the company and it helps with the search engine ranking. Comments, critiques, and questions are always answered in as timely a manner as I can manage between my day job, writing, studies, blah, blah, blah. There's a form at the bottom of the page for your use.
In the meantime, remember...live, love, write.
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment