Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 58 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Month Over Month Comparison Of My Blog Stats.

(Or, Oh What A Long Strange Trip It's Been,

To Steal A Little Jerry)

 
Truthfully? This last month has accounted for nearly forty-five percent of this blog's traffic, total. Ever!This has to be viewed in the proper light. (Soon as I pay the bill we'll have them turned back on.) I just started blogging last October. That came about as part of the whole brave new world thing. Your an author?  "WHERE'S YOUR F***ING PLATFORM!" So having my ass out that far I was offered the chance to take part in this challenge and a little voice said, "Aw go on. It might be fun." What was I thinking? It's a good thing Kharisma supplied a list of prompts or I'd never have gotten off the ground.
 
Having accepted the invitation I was immediately seized by my OCD side. "You must post, you can't even think of not posting, you have the list...FOLLOW IT!" As time went by though, I realized that there was another voice I was suppressing. That's the one that, over the last few weeks has started to come out. This is the same voice I use in my writing.
 
At first I wasn't really completely convinced that should be happening. (Tell me that's not totally damned neurotic.) Recently however, I have actually read on a couple of other blogs about blogging and platform building that this is exactly the direction I should be heading. So I started letting the manic bastard who runs the circuit between my conceptualization and my sorry typing skills have more air time. See, never offer a borderline psychotic any kind of encouragement or validation. It just leads to trouble.
 
Have I attracted a throng of followers? Throng? No. But I am grateful for anyone who has opted in to that. Am I consistently posting incredible numbers of page views? Hey, day before yesterday I had one hundred and forty in a 24 hour period and that was all damned right at this desk! Next day was twenty-five...but you don't always knock it out of the park.
 
What would I do different? This assumes I actually know what I've done up to now! No, seriously, I would have started out in this tone and mood right away. This is me, take it or leave it...there are days I'd like to walk out on me...and there are days like Sunday when I think I'm all damned right. What to expect down the line? That depends...more of this for sure, but if I start seeing questions and comments that want to explore different avenues or dive a little deeper in a particular rant, (Hello? Anybody? Helloooooo?), then we'll see where that takes us. For now, thanks for everyone who stops by, whether you have the time to talk or not!
 
Accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays for the Your Work/Your Love page. Nope, still no pay, just glorious exposure! You can send your work to me via e-mail at dbaylis805@gmail.com. Authors retain all rights. You can also follow or subscribe to this blog. There are gadgets for that on the right side of this page. I love the company and it helps with the search engine ranking. Comments, critiques, and questions are always answered in as timely a manner as I can manage between my day job, writing, studies, blah, blah, blah. There's a form at the bottom of the page for your use.
 
In the meantime, remember...live, love, write.
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment