Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 49 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Tell You About One Device I Just Can't Live Without

 
This is definitely going to run to the obvious. What do I do everyday? Write...and write about writing...and communicate with people from all over Hell's half acre about writing (mine, their's and the art and craft in general). So what device might I not be able to live without? Hmmmm, my cell phone? Perhaps my Kindle? Maybe my I-Pod?
 
It would be NO to all of the above! It's this infernal machine that dominates my desk, my world, and my return to the literary life...If you can call spending every moment possible in front of this thing writing, revising, submitting and networking somehow distantly related to what any sane son-of-a-bitch would actually call a life. Don't get me wrong though, I really find no device indispensable! No, that's not entirely true. IF I were stranded on a desert island...Don't you just hate that premise? You do? Tough, you'll have to go with it for a moment...IF I were in the aforementioned situation, as long as I could fashion an implement to write with and something to write on I might retain my already tenuous grip on sanity...All right, so at least I'd be able to continue recording my lunatic ravings...until I found a way out of that dilemna. Oh, and a supply of bottles to get those ravings into circulation would be a definite plus. If you tied an empty one to the first would it qualify as an SASE? See, it is all about creativity after all!
 
Face it, I started in this craft long before the personal computer and I would find a way to keep going without it. But for the sake of argument and as a bow to evolution in art, my collection of black boxes and an Internet connection are the ones whose disappearance would cause a prolonged period of teeth gnashing, furniture demolition, and a serious consideration of taking up home distillation as a lifestyle!
 
I am accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays for the Your Work/Your Love page. E-mail them to dbaylis805@gmail.com. Nope, still no payment, just the glory of seeing your name up in the glow of a couple of more monitors. Authors retain ALL rights. Follow or subscribe to this blog (Because you can't help yourself and it will help with my search engine rankings) by using the gadgets found on the right side of this page. Comments, critiques, and questions are always welcome. Please submit them through the window at the bottom of this page. I answer everything as quickly as humanly possible.
 
Remember...live, love, write.
 
 
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment