Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 46 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

Talk About A Celebrity That Drives Me Nuts

Or

Wow, You Better Get A Cup Of Coffee And Pull Up A Chair!

I mean, REALLY? The whole cult of personality thing just sends me over the edge. It's almost impossible to know where to start. How about all the pantie-less airheads punching out paparazzi? Or what about the manly men making it into the tabloids for knocking their significant others on their bony asses for being more successful than his lordship? Anyone connected with a very popular right leaning News channel (Believe me, the use of the noun News is total sarcasm)! If I recall they were caught making up their 'facts' about forty-five percent of the time by actual count.
 
Then there's the former star of a network comedy who loved to rant about his warlock persona, more like a  perennial advertisement for NA and let's not leave out Scientology's poster boy and couch hopping dingbat. Oh yes, let's hear it for really boring erotica...anybody? I tried it, really, the only time something connected with S and M put me to sleep. They should read that stuff to perverts who don't respond to medication and therapy! Or any number of Alt Rock bands. Guys, take lessons, please.
 
I love Sylvia Plath, but to the rest of the confessional crowd...It only works if you've actually done something. No, yelling at your sister that time in seventh grade does not count! And speaking of yelling, why do so many young poets think screaming their lines into the mic is effective?
 
Crap, I think I just sprung my intolerant valve. I'm going to get a cup of coffee. You want to join me?
 
I'm accepting short fiction to 1200 words, poetry to 25 lines, and carefully crafted essays (No you don't have to be Bertrand Russell, just make a point) for the Your Work/Your Love page. Submissions can be sent by email to dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can follow or subscribe to this blog, there are gadgets on the right side of the page for that. Love the company and it helps with the search engine rankings. I actually welcome any comments, critiques, or questions. There's a form at the bottom of this page for you to use. I answer as quickly as possible.
 
In the meanwhile...live, love, write.
 
 
Dane F. Baylis

No comments:

Post a Comment