Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 278 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

ANOTHER YEAR PASSES BY

AND STILL THERE IS SO MUCH TO ACCOMPLISH AND ONLY SO MANY HOURS IN THE DAY

AND I'M COMING DOWN WITH A DAMNED HEAD COLD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
As I said yesterday, I was tapped to fill in as host at a local poetry venue last night. The featured reader, JIM NATAL, (see this link, Conflux Press ), was an absolutely wonderful voice. His understanding of the art, ability to connect with an audience, and sparse personal style, made for 25-30 minutes of incredible reading. You could do far worse than checking out his work.
 
The crowd was between 50-60 people and nineteen of these signed up for the open mic. In the tradition of the venue, I kept the, one poem / no epics, rule in force. This opened the stage for a lively range of styles, voices, and  expertise. To all who were there and participated either as supporters or readers, a thousand thanks. You made my job effortless.
 
I'm looking forward to my chance at the mic on November 7th. With luck there might be a You Tube posting afterwards I can point you at. In the meantime, I'm scrambling to get a chapbook out so that I can have it on hand, for sale. The million details!
 
Today is my birthday, (I will not put a number on it here), and the Editor-in-Wife is taking me out to dinner, so this will be short and sweet again, which is probably as much a relief for you in the reading as it is for me in the writing. To those who have sent their birthday wishes, my thanks again. To those of you who have stayed with me through this trek, and all it's technical and personal glitches, thanks to you also.
 
Enjoy your evening as I will mine.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write. Remember to learn as if you would live forever and create as if today were your last.
 
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the
page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
 
Tomorrow,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment