Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 195 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

THERE ARE DAYS WHEN NO MATTER HOW HARD I RUN I'M BACKING UP!

 
First off, my apologies for the delayed release of today's blog. Truth is, it isn't at all delayed. Between a full day's schedule, Los Angeles, California's notorious traffic, and my tendency to take on more to do than I sometimes have hours for...This is the first chance I've had to sit down at the typer.
 
One of these activities was this evening's gathering of poets and poetry supporters for the release of ASKEW #14 . This is a wonderful publication which has appeared twice a year for the last eight years under the masterful and tireless efforts of the editors, Phil Taggart and Marsha de la O and assistant editor, Friday Lubina. I have known Phil and Marsha for more than twenty-five years and have watched them rise to a position of real eminence in the Southern California (and well beyond) poetry scene.
 
Tonight's event gave twenty diverse poets the opportunity to read the work they have in the latest edition. Some opted for alternate work with significant meaning for them at this juncture. All presented a program of emotion, empathy, and skill rarely seen in several nights, never mind one. To all the recent participants in ASKEW #14  this writer can only say thank-you.
 
Over the next couple of weeks a number of the works from this evening's reading will be appearing on this blog with the kind permission of the authors. These poems, of course, will be given the headline position. The poems will run front page for three consecutive days and then will be archived in the Your Work/Your Love page. I hope you enjoy reading them as I have and take an opportunity to salute their craft and artistry.
 
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write.
 
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
 
 
Tomorrow,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author.


No comments:

Post a Comment