Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 186 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN THE WORLD INVADES?

OR

IF YOU DON'T F***ING MIND I'M HAVING MY MELTDOWN AT THE MOMENT! YOURS CAN WAIT!

 

Yes, dear gentle readers it HAS been one of those days. I had a reaction to a shot I got yesterday, which bolstered a side effect to a medication I take. The day job was, well, more of a god damned JOB than usual. My secondary mode of transportation is back in the shop, I guess it was jealous that I was the one having a physical calamity. (Thank god for Harley-Davidson!)
 
Enough! There are times, aren't there, when that's the one word that comes to mind. Let me off the merry-go-round of mundane existence, please. You'd think it would be sufficient cause for an episode of staring into the WHITE ABYSS, but, if you keep your head on semi-straight, it can be the exact opposite.
 
I can hear it now, "Oh no! He's going guru on us!" Not hardly. See, when it all just piles up then these pages are where I flee to. This is the greatest escapist fare there is. I can hear the cries over this one, too: "But this requires work. Creativity. Calm. That Om beta wave mental state. I'd rather just watch TV."
 
Au contrere, mon frere! The tube is a mind stealer and it requires a seriously unplugged neuro-cortex to sit in front of it for more than five minutes. Before you know it you're channel surfing like a sea lion on crack, trying to find something, ANYTHING, with content. Leave it for the minions who actually do think that "Honey Boo-Boo" has even the least bit to do with reality.
 
True escapism is what can happen on the pages you write. The stories you craft, the characters you create, the worlds they inhabit, the loves, adventures, and tragedies. All of them stem from your own fertile imagination and can be seen and heard by no one but you until you give them life. Cue the country music, "Make the world go away. Take it off of my shoulders.", and poof, faster than Cinderella's fairly good-mama, you are done with the daily bullshit and back where you belong. With your ass in the chair and your fingers on the keys. Ah, blessed relief!
 
Just another helpful hint from your Uncle Dane.
 
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write.
 
 
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
 
 
Tomorrow,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment