Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 262 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

A DIFFERENT APPROACH

OR

DOES ANY OF THIS MAKE A DENT?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Over the last several months I've tried more avenues than I care to think of to generate a little give and take through this blog. Most of the time I feel like I'm walking around in one of those post-apocalyptic movies where the main character is in a major urban center all alone. I've tried asking direct questions. I've tried polls. I've tried giveaways. Contests. Picking a fight. I've posted my own work, and yours, and have managed to generate nada, zip, zilch!Even the one thing I really don't like, Schmoozing!
 
Most of this lack of response I tend to think is due to the platform, which is why, in a little over three months I am going to move over to Wordpress and purchase a domain of my own. The results can't be anymore dismal than they've been here. As something of a last resort I thought I'd ask if anyone out there has any suggestions for ways to improve what I've been doing? Honestly, I'm about out of ideas and have begun to take a dim view of the whole thing.
 
That's where pit bull determination kicks in, I guess. I hate to think that I've wasted close to a year in this challenge. But, when you're the last man standing (and that includes the organizer), there starts to be a certain, "Oh, well" to the entire endeavor. But I hate to just putter through the last three months of this thing without at least trying to solicit some ideas on where I'm going wrong.
 
Mind you, I would like to see some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, not just, "You fucking wanker!" So, if you have a moment and would like to contribute your thoughts, pop to the bottom of the page and let me hear from you. If you're worried I'm compiling names for some kind of e-mail barrage, don't. I hate that trap as much as you do. This is a sincere request for input.
 
Thanks,
 
Dane.
 
P.S. Would like to hear a quick impression of a project concept. Bradbury's, "FARENHIET 451" meets Joseph Hellers, "CATCH 22" with a sprinkling of Charles Bukowski for perspective. Thoughts?
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile...live, love, write.
 
Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on the right side of the
page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
 
 Tomorrow,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment