Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 365 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author/publisher,
Dane F. Baylis

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The challenge was to see if you could sustain 365 days of blogging. I accepted the challenge on the 7th of January 2013 and here we are one year later. I have learned how to post all kinds of links and info. I've learned how to post remotely. I've learned mostly that even a foul tempered old hermit can find an audience if he casts his net wide enough. Speaking of which, I've had visitors from the United States, Russia, Canada, Australia, Germany, South Korea, China, Malaysia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, The United Kingdom, Poland, France, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Turkey, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Greece and a few others I can't find a record for at the minute.
 
Total, I've had 19, 534 page views in a years time. This probably doesn't seem like much to some of you, but it's astounding to me. When I first started out I had visions of long periods of churning out page after page with no response and wondering if I'd lost my Internet connection. But not a day went by when there weren't several hits, and some when it seemed like a regular flood. To all who have been kind enough to take a look, and especially those of you who came back repeatedly, my heartfelt thanks.
 
So, as I said yesterday, I'm not shutting this blog down immediately, but I am going to go to a much more relaxed every third or fourth day schedule. Also, as mentioned, I am going to be working on migrating over to WordPress and taking things to a regular Internet hosting service. Which one I'm not sure, if you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. In the meantime I can also be found on Google +, Facebook, Twitter, and as of tonight on Linkedin. I'm working on Pinterest, as soon as I catch my breath.
 
 

 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile...live, love, laugh.
 
The offer still stands. Want to follow or subscribe to this blog? There are gadgets for that on
the right side of the page. You can leave comments in the form below. I can be reached directly at dbaylis805@gmail.com . You can also find links to some of the sites I visit from time to time on the right. I'm also looking for submissions to the Your Work/Your Love page. Authors retain all rights.
 
See you in a couple of days,
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author/Publisher.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment