Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 224 of the 365 Days of Blogging

The author, Dane F. Baylis

HAWT DAMN!

WHY? BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY TWO-THIRDS OF THE WAY THROUGH THE 365 DAYS OF BLOGGING CHALLENGE!!!!!!
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 

SHORT AND SWEET (OR NOT SO SWEET)

I'm not even going to try to be comical, or philosophical, or any other kind of ______cal tonight.
 
I just finished a complete divergence of mind, machine, and program. My typing skills are rudimentary at best. When Microsoft Word conspires against me, I wonder why we ever moved past the oral tradition in the first place. I just finished a first draft of a new story and MS Word did some strange things - like losing eight pages of text and formatting things in the oddest configuration, to name a few. That my dilemma was likely caused by my own clumsy keyboarding skills is no consolation. The only thing that saved my sanity was the Editor and Wife stepping in before I caused this damned machine great bodily harm.
 
So there you have it. Another lesson for the neophyte. Somewhere along the line the stars, the machine world, and your own fat fingers will join forces to drive you screaming into exile on a far off and, as yet, uncharted tropical archipelago. Thus endeth the lesson.
 
See you tomorrow.
 
Dane F. Baylis
Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment